When God Was a Rabbit - Sarah Winman The First Man in Rome - Colleen McCullough The Brothers Karamazov - 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky' Pan - Knut Hamsun, Sverre Lyngstad The Sleeping Voice - Dulce Chacón Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter - Mario Vargas Llosa Embers - Sándor Márai, Carol Brown Janeway

I say "What June could bring" because the last month I tried to say with a certain confidence "What May will bring" but some of the promised books have been cut off from the tyrannic 31 days of only 24 hours. In fact The Sleeping Voice by Dulce Chacòn, Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter by Vargas Llosa and Embers by Sandor Màrai are the evacuees who are looking for a place in June.

In the meantime I'll read the monthly book of my online book club, Pan by Knut Hamsun, who inspires me a lot. I'm eager to read one of his most acclaimed works and maybe discover a remarkable author :)

And I want to be ambitious, inserting too in this monthly session The Brothers Karamazov. Let's say that I dreamed a dream in which I manage to read even this book in June. All About Books from Goodreads will read it in this month and the temptation of joining them is very high, given that I wanted to read something else by Dostoevskij for months after The Gambler, White Nights, The House of the Dead and two short stories. Maybe a huge classic of his bibliography like this. And doing it with other bookish fellows then would be more encouraging.

But June is also the start of a new themed session and I'd like to remain in Ancient Rome after the listening in progress of I Am Livia. So I've thought about the famous saga of Collen McCullough, whose first book is The First Man in Rome. I'm impatient to read it too. Usually I don't get excited by historical books set in those times but now for unexplicable reason I'm really inspired to this kind of genre and I want to read this and that and that other and well, I have to keep calm, like my (original!!!) t-shirt says.

Don't ask me the reason of the consumerist excitation in the bracket.

..many intense literary wishes for a month not so free. But my (current) heroic mood says...challenge accepted!